SOUTHERN CREOLE TUNA BENEDICT
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 can tuna (We recommend Safe Catch)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons diced chives
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 English muffins, split & toasted
- Quick Hollandaise - Recipe Below
- Fresh chives, minced
- Aleppo Chile Flake
- In a food processor, add the tuna, mayonnaise, panko, lemon zest, and chives. Pulse to combine. Form into 4 patties, set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the avocado oil. Place the tuna patties in the hot skillet and fry for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Heat a pot of water to almost boiling. Add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Stir the vinegar water vigorously and slowly add the egg. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs. Turn off the heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Top the toasted English muffins with the 4 tuna patties, then an egg on each and drizzle with warm Southern Creole Hollandaise Sauce. Sprinkle with fresh minced chives and aleppo pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately.
Quick Southern Creole Hollandaise Sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon The Fit Cook Southern Creole
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- Beat egg yolks, lemon juice and The Fit Cook Southern Creole spice rub in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth and creamy. Slowly stream melted butter into the egg yolk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Heat in microwave for 15-20 seconds, whisk and check for thickness and warmth. Heat again for another 10-15 seconds if needed. Serve immediately.