CITRUS SPATCHCOCKED CHICKEN
CITRUS HERB SPATCHOCKED CHICKEN
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 whole 4-pound chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon LAND seasoning
- 1 tablespoon SEA seasoning
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425º degrees F. Place chicken, breast side down, on a work surface. Starting at the thigh, cut along 1 side of backbone with kitchen shears or a sharp knife. Turn chicken around; cut along other side of the backbone. Discard backbone or save for bone broth. Flip chicken, and open it like a book. Press firmly on breastbone to flatten.
- Rub chicken with olive oil, and season all over with Wind & Sea. Add the onions and lemon slices to a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Place chicken, skin side up, on lemons.
- Roast chicken 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes, or cut into pieces for a delicious addition to your meal prepping.